30TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY
The Vice Chancellor, Professor Zana Itiunbe Akpagu, on behalf of the Senate, Staff and Students of the University of Calabar cordially invites the general public to the 30th Convocation Ceremony for the Conferment of First Degrees, Higher Degrees and award of Honorary Degrees as well as the award of Diplomas and Prizes to its graduands up to and including the 2015/2016 sessions as follows:
PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES
Wednesday, 8th March, 2017
Interdenominational Church Service
UNICAL International Conference Centre
Thursday, 9th March, 2017
Press Conference/Briefing by the Vice Chancellor
Friday, 10th March, 2017
Unical International Conference Centre
High Chief Eugene Akeh Former Director General, NIMET
“ICT in the Service of Weather: The Nigerian Environment, Application and Research”
Convocation Command Performance and Cocktail
Chinue Achebe Arts Theatre
Title of play: “NIGERIANA”
BY Arnold Udoka
Saturday, 11th March, 2017
Inspection/Commissioning of Projects
Convocation for the Award of First Degrees, Diplomas, Higher Degrees, Honorary Doctorate Degrees and Presentation of Prizes
Abraham Ordia Stadium
11:00am 2:00pm Endowment Fund Launching for the completion of Engineering Faculty and Construction of a new Medical Centre
UNICAL Hotel Conference Centre
INFORMATION TO GRADUANDS
For Graduate School graduands, the following will apply:
Gowns are to be obtained from Faculty Officers on the payment of a deposit of 5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira only). A refund of 1,000.00 (one Thousand, naira only) will be made on return of the gown. Gowns not returned by March 14 2017 will attract a fine of 1,000.00 (one Thousand naira only) per day. Defaulters will have their Certificates withheld or and reported to their places of NYSC primary assignment.
- Outright Purchase of Academic Gowns:
- Ph.D New Gown = 35,000.00each Old Gown = 30,000 each
- Masters Outright purchase = 25,000
- Hiring of Graduate Gowns
Post Graduate Diplomas (PGD) = 10,000.00 only
Masters = 15,000.00 only
Invitation Cards to Parents/Guardians
Two invitation cards per graduand will be issued by the Faculty Officer. Each Graduand is entitled to two guests.
- Graduands are to be fully robbed and seated at Abraham Ordia Sports stadium by 9.30am. Graduands who are not robbed will not be allowed into the convocation venue.
- Nobody including graduands and their parents/guardians will be allowed into the convocation venue after 10am.
- Only accredited photographers will be allowed into the stadium
- All small scale business operators, including photographers, video operators, food/drink vendors, clothes/shoes retailers etc wishing to do business on campus on the said day are to pay N2,000.00 only to any Commercial bank with UNICAL CBN Remita A/C no 0050217461078 from Monday 6th March, 2017 obtain a teller and forward same to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Admin) for the issuance of receipts for such payments.
- Other interested business operators will pay between N50,000 – N250,000.00 as the case maybe into the aforementioned account.
- All vehicles entering the campus on that day will pay
N500.00 only as permit/parking fee. Members of the University of Calabar Community will only be allowed entry on presentation of a valid UNICAL ID card. All are please advised to comply to avoid embarrassment.
The University of Calabar administration looks forward to welcoming all her well-wishers to the Convocation ceremonies.
Live Broadcast on Channels Television
Time: 12 noon
Live Streaming on YouTube Link:
Click here for the Convocation Live Streaming on 11th March 2017 by 11am
For more information, please contact
, firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org