On behalf of the staff and students of the Faculty of Pharmacy, I welcome you to the University of Calabar Portal.
The Faculty of Pharmacy is made up of six Departments which are:
- Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Department of Pharmacognosy and Traditional Medicine
- Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Administration
- Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, which is presently under the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences.
The Faculty is one of the newest programmes established by this Administration to train and produce qualified manpower in the Pharmaceutical Sciences to deliver quality Pharmaceutical Services to Cross River State, Nigeria and the world in general. The programme at the undergraduate level will produce Pharmacists with the Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree, which has a duration of five years. The Faculty will provide our students with a broad and balanced foundation in all areas of Pharmaceutical knowledge to equip them for high quality Pharmaceutical and Health Care Delivery Service.
The Faculty is centrally located, accessible to most University facilities and enjoys cordial interaction with the University community. It is our goal to maintain high standards to train the next generation of Pharmacists, who should confront the emerging drug and disease challenges.
I therefore welcome you to the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Calabar and wish that our dedication and team work in the Faculty will encourage you to join us fulfill our vision for this programme.
I welcome everyone and prospective students of this University to this forum and wish you a successful stay in the University of Calabar.
Professor Barnabas K. Toge, (Ph.D)
Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy